Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 31

Progress has been fairly slow but he has started eating 25 CC's from the feeding tube at a time and taking 2 bottles a day (1 per shift). He looked a little pail yesterday so they tested his blood again and his counts have dropped again. He is also having other symptoms that he hadn't had before. I was not informed of this until this morning when I was told that tomorrow he will be transferred to New Orleans. He did take a bottle really well for me this morning and took almost the full 50 CC's. I am still recovering from the shock the news brought me. He had been doing so well. They have also been throwing the idea of a blood transfusion around a bit and that makes me a bit nervous but I will deal with that when the time comes. I am not sure what my internet access will be for a while so I will update when I can.

Sabrina

4 comments:

Traelee said...

Hi Sabrina,
Just wanted to let you know I am still praying for Korbin. I'm sorry to hear he keeps having more setbacks, but overall its great progress that he is gaining weight and doing better at feeding.
I know other moms on BBC are reading your blog and praying for your family, even if they don't leave comments.
Take care and KUP!

Anonymous said...

Brea...I'm so sorry that he is being transfered. I know we were all hoping he would be able to stay there. Please know you and your family are always on my mind and my prayers as well as my church's prayer list. I want you to know that you all WILL get through this and you can do this...you are the strongest person I know. Turn your worries to God and let him carry your weight. Let me know how things are going as time allows you to. Hugs
Terra

The Davenport Family said...

I don't know your family personally but I want you to know that little Korbin and your entire family are in our thoughts and our prayers. We go to Spring Meadows Church of Christ and I get on here and read about your little one on a daily basis. As a mom I can't even begin to imagine the emotional roller coaster you are on right now. Just know there are many out there praying for your family and we know God is holding you all in his hands right now.
Shelly Davenport

Anonymous said...

Brea, I continue to keep you and Korbin in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to hear that he'll be transferred to another hospital and may need a transfusion. I send love and blessings from all the girls on BBC-June 2008.