Oh another day! I am just so ready for this to be over. I met with the Dr. this morning. I was looking forward to this meeting about as much as someone looks forward to a root canal. After yesterday, I really did not expect any good news and boy was I right. Turns out that the bleed in Korbin's head has gotten worse. I can't say that I was too surprised with the way the last few days have been. His head has grown some but not at a rate that they are too concerned about. As of this morning, they had not yet fed him. They were doing some blood work and doing an x-ray of his tummy so him being fed today would be determined by those results. Dr. Gloom (not really his name but if the shoe fits) made a point to tell me that the eating issues could be related to the bleed, a possible intestine problem or just being young. The nurses told me that his real thoughts are that he was just not ready for the fortifier but I don't think he gets paid unless he makes me cry so it was imperitive for him to tell me the other possibilities. He did at least follow that uplifiting news with the fact that Korbin is showing good signs such as being nice and pink and being very active. I was able to see Dr. Gloom smile but I think that a smile is such a rare occurance that he probably had to take a break afterwards. Back to the point, with the bleed getting worse, the chances of him being transfered to another hospital has increased. The neurologist should be seeing him sometime next week and she will make her recommendation. However, if he begins to show any adverse signs such as an increased amount of head growth they will have to intervene immediately. The Dr. has already spoken to Dr.s at the other hospital and was informed that they do have a vancancy at the moment if needed. Right now, we are just playing a waiting game. The Dr. at the other hospital and Dr. Gloom have come to an agreement that as of right now, he will be okay to be monitored where he is at. I am making the necessary preperations since there is a chance of a phone call at any time right now. As the days pass and the progress comes to a hault it is difficult not to fear visiting the hospital with every ounce of my being.
Sabrina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dearest Sabrina
It is hard to know that you are so frustrated and worried when there is nothing that I can do for you but pray. Being thousands of miles away from you is very difficult for all of us here in Washington. We pray for Korbin but mostly for you and Robbie for strength and peace of mind. God has a plan for you all even if you can't see it or understand why all this is happening. All of our love goes to you and the children. We hope and pray that some good news and progress comes soon. Love,Mary & Pat
Post a Comment