Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 18

A little relief today. They have bumped him back up to 10 CC's of milk I am assuming every 4 hours. He has been doing okay. No visit yet from the neurologist. They did have an eye doctor come in today and check his eyes. I have to call the eye Dr.'s office in the morning in order to get the results. With the way things are going I am very hesitant to expect anything but bad news. They had to put ete drops in his eyes to dialate his eyes. Oddly, a side effect of the drops is tummy issues so he did have some residual from his feed after the drops. They just put it back but I am not sure if they went ahead and fed him again or chose to wait. Fingers crossed that we get some kind of good news tomorrow even if it is that his eyes are fine but I am expecting the worse.

Sabrina

2 comments:

Traelee said...

Hi, I was just reading your update on BBC. I love that your blog is titled 'my little warrior'. I can't really imagine how emotionally draining it must be watching Korbin having to struggle with issues that some of us are lucky enough to take for granted. I'm sure its tough being around people who don't really understand what its like to have a preemie. I'm sure each tiny milestone is a major triumph.
I'm also really sorry to hear you anticipate bad news. I will be praying for Korbin and your family. I truly hope you get reassuring news about his health and he gets stronger every day. Please take care of yourself and I can't wait to see updates.

Jolie Hall said...

Sabrina + family,

Thank you for taking the time to journal what is happening in Korbin's life. I check your blog daily to get updates so that our family can know where to pray for your family. I can't imagine how hard this is for your right now, but what I do know is this.... God will not give you anything you can not handle. I can say this from our own current situation (Ryan just had open heart surgery on 4/25 and our world has been rocked) and God has been so FAITHFUL to give us just the right amount of strength and patience to get through each day. When you are in your weakest moment, turn to him for comfort and strength. Let him be your refuge and tower to cast your fears + worries on.

If you ever need an ear to listen, I am here!!

God bless you all,
Jolie Hall