Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 26

Today I was able to schedule my visit so that I was able to attempt to feed Korbin with a bottle. He did okay but really nothing spectacular. I saw the reason that the Dr. is wanting to have a speech pathologist come and work with him. He is very slow to start sucking on the bottle and really needs help getting his momentum. All of that work just wears him out so he is not able to take as much as he should be taking at this point. Hopefully he will just wake up and choose to eat but it looks like it will be work. It is seeming like we are going to have to work twice as hard for every skill that is seemingly taken for granted in a healthy baby. He is finally able to digest well but now we are struggling with intake volume. He is getting 50 CC's by the feeding tube but is still only taking 14-30 by bottle. He did gain a little weight and is up to 3lbs 14.8ozs. I know that I should be happy for the progress made but this is all so much more difficult than I could have ever imagined.

Sabrina

1 comment:

Traelee said...

Sabrina,
I'm sorry its all so frustrating and taking so much patience.
I can only imagine how all the wishing in the world isn't making it all go any faster.
I'll continue to keep you and Korbin in my prayers and wish you only the best.