Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 25

Another day has gone by. Not much change has happened over the last few days. No different today. The only change made today was to increase the amount of milk given through the feeding tube. He is now up to 45 CC's in the feeding tube. He is still only able to take between 20 and 30 CC's before he gets too tired and falls asleep. In the end, when he is taking all bottles, I am assuming that they will be judging total intake over the day and not just per feeding. He still has the IV although the fluid is now different and less potent. He has started gaining weight again. They told me wrong yesterday so yesterday he was 3lbs 13.5ozs. He is back up to 3lbs 14ozs. They checked his eyes again today so I will call about that tomorrow. Right now it seems as though we are on cruise control with such little change daily. I am not so patiently waiting for some increase in speed to the process. I am, however, thankful that at least we have stabalized with even the most gradual upswing since last week felt like we were on a fast course to crashing. It is still so frustrating that the process seems to be taking so very long. He is almost az month old and the only thing that I have done for him is change a diaper. I have not been able to feed him or really do anything of any importance for him. I know that soon I will be glad not to have to change diapers but it is just amazing to me the little things that are taken for granted.

Sabrina

No comments: