There has been a glimmer of hope today. Yesterday's attempt at a bottle feeding was wonderfully successful. He had very little problems and took a whole 20 CC's. Today, they are doing 2 bottle feedings then a tube feeding and if all goes okay, another 2 bottle feedings. So far, he has taken 30 CC's from a bottle then 28 CC's from a bottle. They remove the tube with bottle feed so the next feed will determine how well he is digesting. They will reinsert the tube and see where we stand with residual. They did the CT scan today that was originally going to happen next week. I will know the results tomorrow. Right now, I believe eating and digesting is the only issues keeping him in the NICU. The bleed in his brain and the issues that stem from that will be dealt with when he comes home. He will also have to learn how to hold his temperature but I don't really think that will be a problem since he seems to stay fairly warm up to this point.
I have found myself hopeful today. I am not looking forward to the CT results BUT Dr. Gloom is off right now and the other Dr. has yet to bring me bad news so maybe that can count for something. I know that we are likely going to have some setbacks with the bottles but so far, he has exceeded everyone's expectations. The Dr. did not expect him to be able to drink out of a bottle and he has so far polished off 3. I am being very cautious with getting my hopes too high since I know that the let down will be all but devestating should something go wrong. It did appear this morning as though Korbin was trying to make his get away. The nurse heard his monitor alarming and when she went to check on him, he had scooted to the top of the isolette bed and looked as though he was trying to get out. Maybe this means that he is ready to come home.
Sabrina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sabrina,
This post sounds good. I'm so glad to read that you are feeling hopeful. As I know you have been doing, just continue to take one day at a time. You just wouldn't believe how many people are praying for Korbin and you and your whole family. We are continuing to pray for all of you and we love you all. Hang in there. He'll be home soon.
Sounds like he likes that bottle!
Karen Speed
Yeah! I"m so glad to read good news. I know you don't want to be to hopeful but I'm happy to read you're not so hopeless feeling. You know Sabrina I think that's a step forward for you. Congratulations! Still thinking of you often and praying!
Keri
Post a Comment