Korbin is 5 weeks old today. We are here at Oschner's and hopefully preparing to come home this weekend. Although there will follow up required, the neurosugeon did not see any reason for intervention at this time. When Korbin boarded that helicopter on Monday, I felt as though a piece of me was going with him and it was very hard. It has been a long week but the outcome has been great. There is a chance that he could be discharged in the morning but it is still a wait and see. He is still having some minor issues such as his heart rate dropping but so far they are just watching it. He is eating well although last night they had to re-insert the feeding tube since he struggled with one of the bottles. This NICU does things a bit different than the other so it is getting used to things all over again. I am so excited that he could be home by this weekend! Thank you all for all of your prayers for I know that if it wasn't for prayers and the good Lord above my little Korbin would not be here today. I know that there are more people praying for this little man than I believe anyone can really fathom. To be so little and touch so many lives is nothing more than a miracle from God himself. Thank you all for your prayers and I will try and update in the morning as soon as I know if we will be going home.
Sabrina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Praise the Lord for such a good report...I can tell your spirits are up and that is great! Let us know when you guys get home and we will continue to pray for you all and little Korbin.
Hugs,
Terra
We will pray for your little one. God is very faithful and good to us. Are you guys in a Church at all? I'll be in touch.
Love, the halls (lake stevens)
Brea,
What great news! I saw your post on the June-A-Bee's thread, but wanted to leave you a note here, too. We will continue to pray for little Korbin as he builds up his strength and finally makes it home!
Ashlie
Brea,
I'm so happy to see such a wonderful update on Korbin. I'll be praying that you both have continued strength and hope you are home together as a family.
Post a Comment