


It's been a little while again. I really have to get better at this. Korbin is doing great. He is almost 19 lbs and is growing by the day. We have had a lot of progress since I last updated. Korbin had his eye surgery shortly after his birthday. He made it through the surgery like a champ. We are assuming that he is seeing much better since shortly after the surgery he began getting into things he had never messed with before. Our only thought is that he didn't see these things before. The surgery worked very well although there is still some crossing. The Dr. now wants to see if glasses can correct the remaining crossing before jumping into another surgery. We will go for our 6 week post op tomorrow and will probably be getting the rx for the glasses. He is going to be absolutely adorable!
Over the last few weeks we have also conquered the eating issues that have been plaguing us for months now. He had some serious gag reflex issues that just resolved over night. He is now eating everything in sight! I will post a picture to illustrate this. He is also completely off a bottle and has been for a couple weeks now. I really thought that he would be more difficult to wean but he was probably easier than the other two!
As for motor skills, he is doing well. He is still lagging in the fine motor department but is slowly improving. He still can't sit on his own the correct way but he has mastered the are of "W" sitting. That technically doesn't count as sitting so that works in our favor with the insurance company. He is pulling to stand and really trying to cruise. His foot has started turning worse since he is standing but he is now wearing corrective shoes to try and fix this. He has only had them for a few days so we're not sure how they will work out. He doesn't really care for them so that makes it harder but we are all adjusting.
His personality is really developing. He has a temper and is learning the fine art of fit throwing but most of the time he is so happy. He is a ham for the camera and always has a smile. He has started to become more independant and isn't near as cooporative with the therapists as he used to be but they are great with him.
We have a few major things coming up this summer but it seems like aside from therapy, things are really slowing down some. Thank goodness. He will have his circumsicion surgery in a month or so. I am not sure if they will be correcting the hypospadias or not. I wasn't really sure what the Dr. had decided when we saw him so we will see. We will also see the neurosurgeon again sometime in July to have another MRI done. If I heard correctly and remember correctly, this MRI will determine if he will need anymore anytime soon so fingers crossed and prayers for a good report for that!
Schools out for Mikey and we are leaving for vacation in 2 days so we are thrilled about that! I know I say this everytime but I will try to update more often.
Sabrina

No comments:
Post a Comment