Monday, March 30, 2009

Preparing for a busy month

Things are going well here now. We had a rough bought with the flu for a week or so where all 3 kids were sick. It seemed like they would never get better but they are all finally feeling much better. Korbin is finally getting his energy back and going back to the happy boy that we all know and love. It was so hard not seeing him even crack a smile for days on end. He always has a smile on his face so we knew he was sick. The flu hit him harder than the rest and it took it's toll. He has lost 2 lbs and is now back down to 16 lbs. Months to gain and a week to lose.

All in all he is doing great. He is still not sitting on his own but seems to have finally gotten past the plateau we have been stuck on for months. He is so close to sitting but just still doesn't quite have it. We are really working on it. It is getting harder and harder watching babies in his age group learning more and more skills while he seems to have just gotten stuck. He wants to do so much but just can't physically figure it out. I know you aren't supposed to compare and all babies develop at their own pace but it is almost a slap in the face sometimes.

Korbin no longer has to wear the splints on his hands. His hands are open almost all of the time now which is wonderful. Now that he has made this progress, his fine motor skills with his hands has really improved. We are still pretty sure that he is going to need a brace on his foot. The muscle tone in his right foot has not let up any over the past months. We will approach that when he is pulling up and weight bearing. I have no idea when to even expect any of that to happen though since we are still working on the sitting.

We go next week to the eye Dr. to schedule his eye surgery unless by some chance things have corrected themselves although I don't think we are going to be able to slide out of this surgery like we did the last. I will say however that I would much rather eye surgery over brain surgery any day although any surgery stinks. We also see the neurologist in a few weeks. Not sure how I feel about that at this point. I am really nervous though.

We are still battling to be able to have Korbin see a physical therapist on a regular basis. Turns out that since he hasn't really missed any major motor milestones the insurance doesn't feel that he needs it. Hopefully we will be able to resolve this soon since he is quickly approaching the point where he should be pulling up, cruising and essentially walking.

I will post again when we find out when his eye surgery is.

Thanks for all of the continued prayers.

Sabrina

No comments: