I have started this blog for those who do not have a Myspace and for those who I may not know that would just like to be updated on my little warrior's condition. For those who don't already know Korbin was born 9 weeks early weighing in at a heavy 3 lb 3 oz. We thought he was okay when he was born although he needed a little help breathing due to immature lungs. Unfortunately, we were soon informed that our new little bundle of joy came to us very ill. We were told that he had no white blood cells and were told that his body was extremely infected and was losing a massive battle. Although no one actually came out and said it, Korbin was not expected to make it through the night and that he was no longer stable enough to move if that became necessary. We were thrilled the next morning to see a surprised Dr. come into our room and inform us that although our baby boy was still very sick, his body had decided to fight. We know that it was by the grace of God and all of the prayers that this little baby received that he is still with us today.
That brings me to today. He is continually improving. After yesterday's day of rest, this morning he was strong enough to be off of the ventilator. They are slowly trying to get his little tummy to start functioning properly but he is slowly beginning to be able to handle small amounts of food via a feeding tube at a time. As of today he is back at his birth weight. I was able to hold my little man for the first time today which surely God knew I needed after a small break down last night. He is also still under photo threapy but should be off of that by morning. I also got to see his beautiful eyes for the first time today. He has also decided to become very opinionated about wet diapers (can you imagine, one of my kids opinionated )
He is very beautiful and will probably be forever known as my miracle child. I was told months before he was born by my Aunt that this baby was going to do special things. So far in his short life she has been proven right. He has had people who do not usually pray to pray and has formed bonds between family members that was just not there before. My little man is a fighter and I look forward to posting more progress!
Thank you all for your prayers!
Sabrina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello Sabrina,
Thanks for the update. Jolie and I will be praying for your little warrior. We have seen God do some major miracles. God bless your son and your family as well.
In Him,
Ryan & Jolie Hall
Post a Comment